There is a very simple and easy way to step into your day using the technique of Visioning – or Envisioning what you want to achieve each day. At the end of the day you will then feel like you’ve actually done something with your time.
- Do you take charge of your day, or is your day taking charge of you? Visioning is a method used by many to take control of their day.
- When you wake up in the mornings, do you know exactly what you want to accomplish, where you are going and how to get there?
Or Are You a “Wanderer”?
You may be like many people, who have become ‘Wanderers’. They get up in the morning and they wander through the day. They have no real goals. And they are wide open to every stress, worry and frustration that they meet along the way.
Perhaps you find yourself each day, running to catch up, with no time left for yourself. Would you like to enjoy your days more? Here’s how to do it.
First thing in the morning, before you get out of bed:
1. Establish the Feeling You Will Carry Through Your Day
- Sit up, close your eyes and relax into a 5 minute meditation.
- Let go of all your worries and intentions for that day.
- Focus on feeling grateful for what you have, who you have in your life, where you are right now.
Be in the moment . . . peaceful . . . happy. . . grateful . . .
You have now established the feeling you will carry through your day.
2. Organize Your Priorities for the Day
- List your 7 Highest Priorities – these are the things you will get done today.
- Have a small notebook to record them.
- Realize that if you do not set up your agenda for your day, someone else will set it up for you.
3. At the end of each day:
Take Time to be Grateful for What You’ve Accomplished
- Create a gratitude list each day.
- Feel good about your day.
- If you didn’t get to all of your priorities, don’t sweat it.
- Put these at the top of tomorrow’s list.
Do You See a Trend?
After a few weeks, notice what the most important things tend to be on your Priority List each day.
- Do these priorities align with your highest values – what you truly believe in your heart?
- Or are you unsure about what you really want?
- You can change that right now. How?
Your Irritation List vs. Your Gratitude List
At the end of each day, you’ll have a list of complaints on how the day went.
- Jot down everything that irritated you.
- You have now noticed what you are not satisfied with in your life.
- You have taken action.
- You have created an Irritation List.
Becoming conscious of what is irritating you allows you to take steps to change it. You can turn this list into a vision of what you’d like to have in your life. Write out the positive version of that list of negatives – Your Gratitude List. Focus on what you are grateful for in your life.
A Vision for Your Life
You now have a Vision For Your Life That Works For You.
Each day revise, change and expand it until it feels just right.
This is the image of your life, that you will carry in your heart, into each day.
In Summary: Take Charge of Your Life Now
– Focus on the Feeling you want to hold for that day
– List Your 7 Highest Priorities
– Write Your Daily Gratitude List
– Write Your Irritation List
– Revise and Adjust Your Vision
By visioning each day, you’ll soon see yourself living the life of your dreams!